Manual testing is the process of performing a set of manual actions on a system expecting a certain output. When the expected output is not obtained, the result of the test is a failure and a defect is raised for the developer to rectify the same.
- It is the most basic level of testing. Any system needs to be manually tested before being automated.
- Tests like User Experience testing which are qualitative cannot be automated.
- Manual testing is easy, inexpensive and simple to plan and execute.
- Manual testing is preferred often whenever a system undergoes continuous changes.
- Maintenance of manual systems is much easier compared to automation systems.
- Every other testing method can only complement the manual method of testing, and can’t replace it.
We at BitCot thus give utmost priority to manual testing and believe that each system needs to be manually tested thoroughly at least once before being automated.